WELCOME to my blog and my photographic journey, where my photography style is dictated by my environment. I am a full time executive member of my household. That's right, I care, feed, instruct, inspire, maintain, a group of amazing individuals and the space they live in. These individuals are my children and husband, that place is my home. Most of the time I photograph where we are together, what we are doing together and most importantly their beautiful expressions. Sometimes I have the wonderful opportunity to photograph another family or event. I post my journey here.

My photographic philosophy:
I celebrate the unique differences in each person, event and place. I relish in capturing life as it happens naturally. I anticipate it! I love creating an emotional image, one that will be cherished. I seek for beauty in the simplest most unexpected places. I enjoy carrying my camera where I go, making an interpretation of that moment and archiving it for good. Creating a beautiful, stunning final print and giving lasting memories of people loved. These things put a smile on my face.
Art (22) Bridal (1) CARS (4) Engagement (1) Events (3) Family (7) Farm (6) FREE IMAGES (1) Ideas (13) Life (25) My Beliefs (1) Photo Lesson (7) Portraits (17) Religion (4) Self Improvement (7) Service (2) Southern Utah (1) Wedding (7)

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BEAUTIFUL

I loved the message in this VIDEO so much, I had to Blog about it.
It is deep, personal and beautifully crafted. One reason I love the craft of photography is because I get to look into lives of very real people and work to capture their soul. You may think that sounds gimmicky, but I am being honest. I love people who work hard day in and day out to simply keep fighting the fight with a smile and I want to capture it. Lately, I have seen all too many people embrace total sarcasm and negativity as their personal daily friend as if they are living their own personal sitcom. Where is the sincerity anymore? Where is the joy in finding the beauty in difficult circumstances? I have lived through some tough experiences (like we all have) and I believe that I will continue to experience life hardship from time to time. I am not afraid of it like I used to be. One of the many reasons I have survived and kept faith in God, is because I have had some very encouraging examples.

Here is a little video that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has produced. It is a story about a woman that is truly BEAUTIFUL. Yet another great example. Her name is Stephanie Nelson. Here is a link to her blog. My younger sister, Malea, shared Stephanies Blog with me a few months ago. Malea suffers from chronic pain and turns to her blog often for comfort and support. I have even seen a beautiful clip done by Oprah's site.

It is all very touching, but can you truly internalize the message and apply the lesson you learn in your life? I believe regardless of our circumstances, we can be uplifting to others. We can laugh and enjoy life regardless of the trial. Finally, I believe the we can shout out encouraging messages across the internet and with our close family and friends. We can share our own stories of enduring well as we hold to our faith in God, with others. It is time to communicate the positives in the world of negatives. We can! :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Site