WELCOME to my blog and my photographic journey, where my photography style is dictated by my environment. I am a full time executive member of my household. That's right, I care, feed, instruct, inspire, maintain, a group of amazing individuals and the space they live in. These individuals are my children and husband, that place is my home. Most of the time I photograph where we are together, what we are doing together and most importantly their beautiful expressions. Sometimes I have the wonderful opportunity to photograph another family or event. I post my journey here.

My photographic philosophy:
I celebrate the unique differences in each person, event and place. I relish in capturing life as it happens naturally. I anticipate it! I love creating an emotional image, one that will be cherished. I seek for beauty in the simplest most unexpected places. I enjoy carrying my camera where I go, making an interpretation of that moment and archiving it for good. Creating a beautiful, stunning final print and giving lasting memories of people loved. These things put a smile on my face.
Art (22) Bridal (1) CARS (4) Engagement (1) Events (3) Family (7) Farm (6) FREE IMAGES (1) Ideas (13) Life (25) My Beliefs (1) Photo Lesson (7) Portraits (17) Religion (4) Self Improvement (7) Service (2) Southern Utah (1) Wedding (7)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dirtier is Better - A Tree Cutting Tradition

When it comes to kids playing, it is TRUE! The dirtier the better. We started a new tradition, cutting fire wood this year. Last week, we got a BLM permit and cut cedar wood up on Utah mountain. It was a blast. We piled the truck full of cut cedar wood, which I believe is the BEST smelling fire wood. The kids played and played in the dirt, ate dirt and threw dirt. We later built a fire, roasted hotdogs on long sticks over the fire, made hot-chocolate and sang Christmas Carols. It was a blast! We had fun and the kids totally exhausted themselves. It was great!
Later that evening while coming home we drove into town and found a neighborhood filled with Christmas lights. We drove around looking at all the amazing set-ups and light formations. It was the PERFECT  & INEXPENSIVE tradition, I plan to carry out each year.
I can't NOT mention that it took a bit of work. First our truck broke down that day and Laramie had to repair it and we had a hassle with the BLM map as well as the load of laundry I had to do that evening. But, with all the "reality of what it takes to make a good tradition," I am pleased with it and my 7 year old son told me over and over, how much he enjoyed the day. Now, that statement, despite my own feelings, says it all to me.
Here are the photos from our day trip tradition.
Clean Face BEFORE the dirt!
Clean Face BEFORE the Dirt!

Another perfect moment between these two! It melts my heart.
YES! I love the DIRT MOUTH and PANT covered in DIRT! They look so happy.
The Tree that became our "Smell good" firewood and the kids looking for good, clean dirt!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Site