WELCOME to my blog and my photographic journey, where my photography style is dictated by my environment. I am a full time executive member of my household. That's right, I care, feed, instruct, inspire, maintain, a group of amazing individuals and the space they live in. These individuals are my children and husband, that place is my home. Most of the time I photograph where we are together, what we are doing together and most importantly their beautiful expressions. Sometimes I have the wonderful opportunity to photograph another family or event. I post my journey here.

My photographic philosophy:
I celebrate the unique differences in each person, event and place. I relish in capturing life as it happens naturally. I anticipate it! I love creating an emotional image, one that will be cherished. I seek for beauty in the simplest most unexpected places. I enjoy carrying my camera where I go, making an interpretation of that moment and archiving it for good. Creating a beautiful, stunning final print and giving lasting memories of people loved. These things put a smile on my face.
Art (22) Bridal (1) CARS (4) Engagement (1) Events (3) Family (7) Farm (6) FREE IMAGES (1) Ideas (13) Life (25) My Beliefs (1) Photo Lesson (7) Portraits (17) Religion (4) Self Improvement (7) Service (2) Southern Utah (1) Wedding (7)

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mullins Family Photos - Making photoshoots fun, for Everyone.

Getting a man to spend time posing for photographs, gives him a strange feeling of uneasiness. I tend to get this from woman who ask me to photograph the family. "I want to but, my husband hates to get his photos taken." This is true for most all men. Then comes the struggle;  GETTING him to the sitting.  He finds it completely frustrating as his wife or mother dresses him. Even the idea of spending money to have a photographer take photos, sends a man spinning into chaos.
For me, the great part of all this knowledge is, I don't really care anymore. My goal is to have the ladies to let go, and the men to come to the sitting in a, sort-of decent mood.

I was watching Bolt (The Disney/Pixar Movie) today and up came the scene, "The Dog Face" and I suddenly realized that the scene where Mittens gets Bolt to do the dog face, sounds allot like me when posing guys. I feel like I know what they are thinking.... "Your a degenerate creature of darkness" and I reply back with "Yeah, yeah, granted. With that said, all I'm asking you is to tilt your a head a little!"

Here is the scene:
http://youtu.be/iWNAwgiJ5tM

I photographed once again at the Brigham Young Home yesterday. This is a frequent spot for most photographers but new for me. See my post on that subject.

The family, the Mullins, are neighbors of mine. The father is my Bishop of the ward (my church) I go to (just a little pressure, to get this one right). Jordan, one son, is leaving tomorrow to serve a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (double pressure).
Five men and three ladies (and a friend) all showed up. With a little guidance, and laughing with them, they eased up. It was really fun. If one makes the comment most all photographers hear, "I hate getting my photo taken." I say "Yeah, most people do." Then I tell them to trust me and everything will be alright. It's a good conversation to have. It is always my rule to let the family play.
If I didn't let this family play, I think they would shrivel up and die or explode, truly. It is their personality to play and so I had to let go, and go with the flow! It all worked to my benefit.

We had a lot of fun yesterday and I don't think anyone thought I was a "degenerate creature of darkness." :) At least I hope.
Thank you to the Mullins, I had a great evening, hanging with you!

Wait for the slideshow to upload and then hit play or click on the link below.
http://shareephoto.myshowit.com/mullinstfamilyphotographs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Site