WELCOME to my blog and my photographic journey, where my photography style is dictated by my environment. I am a full time executive member of my household. That's right, I care, feed, instruct, inspire, maintain, a group of amazing individuals and the space they live in. These individuals are my children and husband, that place is my home. Most of the time I photograph where we are together, what we are doing together and most importantly their beautiful expressions. Sometimes I have the wonderful opportunity to photograph another family or event. I post my journey here.

My photographic philosophy:
I celebrate the unique differences in each person, event and place. I relish in capturing life as it happens naturally. I anticipate it! I love creating an emotional image, one that will be cherished. I seek for beauty in the simplest most unexpected places. I enjoy carrying my camera where I go, making an interpretation of that moment and archiving it for good. Creating a beautiful, stunning final print and giving lasting memories of people loved. These things put a smile on my face.
Art (22) Bridal (1) CARS (4) Engagement (1) Events (3) Family (7) Farm (6) FREE IMAGES (1) Ideas (13) Life (25) My Beliefs (1) Photo Lesson (7) Portraits (17) Religion (4) Self Improvement (7) Service (2) Southern Utah (1) Wedding (7)

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pine Valley Mountain - Cutting Wood

This past weekend we had the opportunity to use our newly purchased wood permit and venture on Pine Valley Mountain and cut wood for the winter. We love using our wood burning stove during the winter and the smell of firewood pine is fantastic. My husband cut and hauled the wood, our eight year old son and I hefted some of the cut wood into the trailer and truck. Being 6 months pregnant and with a two year old trailing around me, I soon retired my job and allowed my son & husband to pick up the rest. I went to work on tin foil potato dinners roasted over coals, hot chocolate and roasted hotdogs. It was tiring, hard work and rewarding. After everything was loaded, we ate our little feast next to our fire and watched the stars appear. It was magnificent and the breeze was fresh and crisp. We were so busy I didn't take too many photos but had the chance to snap a few along the way. I found a few naturally placed old wood and weeds that seemed to make fantastic compositions that reminded me of fireworks and Pinocchio, I know, random but fun. The other images seemed to capture the essence of the area we were in. The fall leaves were few and barely visible. In a few more weeks the area will be covered in yellow and orange hues. We will have to go back soon! :) 


My Amazing Husband 

Pine Valley Mountain 

Pinocchio 

Pine...smells good 

My Daughter 

My Son 

Fireworks 

Can you find the wood that looks like a hand reaching out? 

Cactus 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Site